“The cause of all negative emotions is a disruption or blockage in the energy system.” – Gary Craig
More than 4 thousand years ago, the Chinese discovered a complex system of energy called energy meridians. They run throughout the body and each one is related to a different organ, time of the day, season, emotions, etc. Western medicine started to pay more attention to energy flow and the effect on mental and physical health.
EFT uses the chinese meridians to clear energy blockages in your body. It balances and contribute emotional relief.
What can EFT be used for?
- Weight loss/gain
- Physical pain management
- Anger and/or resentment toward self and others
- Painful memories
- Grief and sadness
- Weight loss/gain
- Allergies and breathing difficulties
- Phobias, anxieties and fears
- Grief ,sadness, self-criticism
- Addictions (food, alcohol, cigarettes, etc)
- Learning disorder
- Balancing your energy flow (fatigue, tiredness, low energy)
- Finding joy and peace in your life and the ability to Feel Good
- Eating disorders & Cravings
- Improving sexual performance and satisfaction
- Procrastination, clutter
Are there any negative side effects to EFT?
EFT is gentle technique and rarely has any serious side effects. There are many different approaches and a good practitioner will respect and pace the sessions according to the client’s needs. Even if any traumatic is revived, tapping all along and right words will give the support that calms the client without any risk. Anyone using EFT must assume full responsibility for their results and seek appropriate advice if needed.
EFT is considered a Complementary Therapy and as such does should not replace seeking qualified medical advice where needed.
Why use EFT rather than a different form of therapy?
- EFT is considered a Complementary Therapy and as such should not replace qualified medical advice where needed.
- EFT is safe.
- EFT can get to the root of the problem very quickly.
- EFT often works when nothing else does.
- EFT is simple to use and can be used as a self help tool.
- EFT brings fast results by working with a therapist and doing “homework” between sessions.
- EFT can be done via the telephone, which means no problems with distance.
- EFT can help in an emergency situation, such as a panic attack.
It hurts me to talk about my problems. Can I have an EFT session?
YES! There is no need for you to talk about your problem if you do not want to. There are specific ways of doing EFT that can be applied in these situations. The avoidance of re-traumatizing the client is a great benefit of these techniques and it is possible to achieve relief without discussing any details of the situation.
Do I have to believe in EFT in order for it to work?
EFT works whether you believe in it or not. I didn’t believe it when I first started! My experience with EFT is that after the client starts getting some results it creates belief in the process anyway. Be persistent though and let the changes happen.
How many sessions do I need?
This is individual, largely depending on the nature of the problem.Many times, EFT creates a ‘one-minute wonder’, where a problem disappears within minutes, occasionally seconds. More complex difficulties usually require more persistence, such as depression, serious illness, addictions, trauma, etc. Yet results are typically faster than with traditional methods.
Why are EFT affirmations stated in negatives?
Affirmations, in the classical sense, are designed to take you in positive directions. We do use a lot of affirmations to manifest change.
The purpose of EFT, on the other hand, is to eliminate the negative in order to clear the thoughts and be really positive without forcing it. That is a different goal tapping on the meridians and tuning in to the problem at the same time. The balance effect of tapping brings another energy for that specific problem. It is connecting to what hurts and collapsing the energy that sustains it.
The average of 5 sessions is recommended to start seeing big shifts.